The objective of extrusion processing is the continuous physical-chemical transformation of viscous polymers and the production of high quality structured products, thanks to the precise control of the processing conditions.
The double screw extruders are composed of screwed assemblies, coupled and co-rotating, mounted on fluted shafts situated inside a closed barrel. Due to the wide range of barrel and screw designs, varied screw profiles and process functions may be adapted taking into consideration the requirements of each process.
Thus, the double screw extruders can carry out the next processes: transport, compression, mixing, cooking, shearing, heating, cooling, pumping, molding, etc. with high ranges of flexibility. The main advantage of the extruders of double screw reticulated and co-rotary is its remarkable mixing capacity, which confers exceptional traits to the extruded products and gives a significant value to the processing units.
In the processes by extrusion of double screw, the raw materials might be strong (powders, granulates, flours), liquids, suspensions, and possibly gases. The ultimate products are plastic composite, chemically personalized polymers, textured meals and meals products, fiber pulps, etc.
Over time, double screw extruder has develop into the principle standard for a lot of industries, because it offers innumerable advantages compared to the extrusion of a single screw:
– Better consistency in production, and control of product quality.
– Better flexibility, with capacity to produce a wide range of raw materials.
– From easy and easy maintenance, they allow to save energy and water.
– For simple cleaning thanks to the design CIP (cleaning in place).
– Increase in productivity thanks to steady processing, quick start-up and detention between phases of product transformation, quick conversion and advanced automation.
If you have any thoughts about where and how to use twin screw extruder machine, you can call us at our page.